ValueColorado Muslim Society honors the following Core Values:
- Adhere to Islamic principles as enshrined in the Quran and Sunnah
- Respectful and Inclusive of the diversity of community
- Transparency of operations
- Emphasis on community participation
- Commitment to growth and development
VisionTo please Allah ( The Creator ) by serving Islam and Muslims.
MissionTo serve the best interests of Islam and Muslims in Colorado by providing religious, educational and cultural programs for men, women and youth in our community. Introduce Islam according to the Quran and the Sunnah through dialogues and Dawah activities.
CMS HistoryIn 1964 the Colorado Muslim Society (CMS) was incorporated and registered with the State of Colorado as a religious, non-profit, non-political, cultural, social, educational and humanitarian organization.
In 1974, a building was purchased and it became the first masjid in Colorado. It was at 1401 Ash Street, Denver.
In 1978, approximately a four-acre lot at 2071 South Parker Road, Denver, CO 80231 was purchased and it is now where CMS is located. In November of 1983, the first phase of construction was completed. Br. Abdul Hakim Minhas, P.E. was the Project Manager. During that phase, following areas were built:
- The Mosque (the existing main prayer hall for men and women),
- Four class rooms for the Weekend Islamic School,
- Kitchen, separate wudu/ablution areas and bathrooms for women, and men
The second phase was finished in 2004 under the supervision of Br. Abdul Hakim Minhas, P.E. and Br. Talibudin Syed, P.E. During the second phase, following areas were added:
- Multi-purpose room
- Additional classrooms,
- Office/Management area.